There are different places we can all save water. We can save it in and around our homes, our schools, businesses and commercial enterprises.
We've compiled a list of different things you can be doing in these different areas.
How to save 50 litres a day at home
Have a look at our quick reference guide on how to save 50 litres a day of water in your home.
Council saving water
Council has carried out full water audits of about fifteen of its major buildings and has already begun making these properties more water efficient.
These improvements to water optimisation include:
- new cooling tower, dual flush toilets and waterless urinals in Ray Walsh House
- suite of waterless urinals and dual flush toilets in Bicentennial Park
- harvesting rainwater from sheds at Lockheed Street Depot for toilet flushing and vehicle washdown
Projects for the near future include:
- complete water audit of all Council properties in the region, including towns and villages
- improvement to areas of identified water optimisation
- development of staff education and awareness programs
Need a totally dependable plumber? Please contact Laser Plumbing Tamworth to discuss your requirements.